Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

We leave in 6 days.  6 SHORT days.  I can't believe our trip is right around the corner.  

My verse for this trip is Isaiah 61:1:

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.

The focus of the trip will be to minister to young girls and women that have been rescued from sex trafficking.  If you are hearing those words for the first time or want to learn more about how you can help put an END to MODERN DAY SLAVERY, visit:

http://www.ijm.org/our-work/injustice-today

http://enditmovement.com

I will update you with our itinerary in the next few days, I just wanted to take a minute to fire up the blog and reacquaint myself with how to post since I have forgotten how.  :)

We covet your prayers as we prepare to leave.  If you would like to pray specifically for the team members by name they are:  Brenda, Lauren (my daughter), Cheryl (my mom), Kay, Rachael, Sterling, Melissa, Patricia, Jan, Sue, and Jacalyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment