Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 1 - Emirates Airlines hates me

Day 1 - EMIRATES AIRLINES HATES ME

I'm not kidding, y'all.  I have never had a smooth check in when it comes to Emirates.  This year the issue was regarding the weight of our bags.  I checked in 4 people - me, Lauren, Rachael, and my mom, a total of 8 bags. As we stood in line to check in we all reweighed our bags as they had a scale in the line. We had also weighed all if our bags before we left the house.  At home and in line they all weighed between 45 - 49 pounds (the limit is 50).  


When we finally arrived at the check in, the attendant was instantly irritated with me that I was checking India 4 people. Okay?!?  Should I leave one of them behind?  She was also perturbed that I didn't match everyone's passport with their eticket. Apparently she missed "customer service training day" India her orientation. Anyway we handed her our paperwork and started piling up suitcases on the scale. 6 out of the 8 suitcases had gained weight between the scale in line and the scale at the ticket counter and was now overweight. I told her that they had all been fine 10 minutes prior and she asked, "Where did you weigh it?"  I pointed to the Emirates scale and she said, "Yeah, I think our scales are off."  Not even sure what to say at this point. 

So I start pulling random items out of one bag and putting it into another but apparently taking 5 pounds out of a suitcase and putting it into another makes the other suitcase now 5 pounds heavier.  Who knew?  Anyway the girl started getting very irritated with me and wanted me to go back to the end of line but I smiled sweetly and just told her how much I appreciated her working with me.  I finally balanced out all of the weight and although they were all over a few pounds she said she would let it slide.  I had just removed an item from the suitcase that was on the scale but the top was still unzipped.  When I zipped the suitcase the weight went UP an entire pound.  At this point I threw my hands up and air and gave up. It was a 25 minute process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment