Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome to Adventures in the Silver Bullet blog for India 2016!  We had probably the easiest travel to Kolkata that we have ever had.  No issues or delays for 36 hours of travel is really amazing.  We have one member struggling with a little bit of car sickness (if you ever been to India and seen how they drive here you can relate!) but other than that we are all feeling 100% and so excited for the next 10 days.
If you aren't convinced that God is still in the miracle business then I have a story for you.  I have been sick since December 23 with congestion, cold, and asthma issues.  I was in denial that it was getting worse instead of better so I kept pressing on and ignoring.  Finally on Sunday afternoon (the day before I left for India) I went to Urgent Care where I learned that I had a touch of bronchitis and a double ear infection.  Ear infection?  What am I....2?  I have never had an adult ear infection.  I was surprised because my ears didn't hurt or even feel clogged.  When I told her I was getting on a plane the next day she made a face that seemed to say, "Are you sure you want to do that?"  She told me that there was a risk of rupturing my ear drums on the plane.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a worrier and can generally take things in stride.  But the thought of rupturing my ear drums on a plane at that high altitude just about put me over the edge. 
Instead of turning my worry inward I texted friends, family, and asked my Sunday School (shout out to my Joshua House family!) to please pray for my eardrums!  Within hours I had heard from dozens of people that said things like, "I am praying specifically for your ears!"
As the plane took off from Houston I prayed and just told God that I am letting it go....my ears were in His hands, that I trusted in Him, and that I would not be afraid of whatever would happen.  Can I just tell you that not only did I NOT have problems with my ears but after 8 trips between Houston/Dubai it was probably the easiest flight I have ever had.  I started out with 2 empty seats next to me but when Kay found out that I had an empty seat she "felt badly for me" and didn't want me to "be lonely" so she came to sit next to me.  LOL
So here we are: Day One and ready to hit the ground running!  We've been up since 4 am and are headed out to New Hope and Sari Bari today.  Gotta run....we are leaving soon!
Love to all and thank you for the prayers for my ears!

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:2-6

No comments:

Post a Comment